Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 27

Last night was a difficult night... it was hard to feel thankful when I knew someone else was hurting so badly. My heart was broken for an acquaintance whose husband was killed in a head-on-collision in North Dakota while he was there working in the oil fields. It was an ugly reminder of how fragile life is. Tragedies are difficult events that make it hard to see exactly what God's purpose is. It is through these events that I am reminded that God is in complete control and we have to trust in him. I just have a hard time understanding why he takes these good men and women... life is not fair.

At the same time that my heart was feeling heavy and broken I couldn't help to feel blessed. Thankful for all of those that God has given me in my life. Thankful for my husband who puts his life on the line everyday to provide for his family. Thankful for my kids who I was able to tuck into bed. Thankful for all my family and friends that I know I can lean on in times of tragedy. Thankful for the power of prayer as I spent the night praying for this wife and mother who has a very difficult journey ahead of her. Thankful for any sense of peace that God can grant to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment