Christmas Eve day is always such a long day for the kids, the anticipation and the wait just drives them crazy. All day long they just want to open a present! This year that dream came true!
They started the day off at Grandma Jane's since they had a sleepover the night before! Cole and I were at the airport picking up the "gift"! We picked them up at Grandmas and headed back to Fruita to go swimming. We spent the morning at the REC center swimming and playing basketball... it was such a great time and we essentially had the place to ourselves. Grammy, Beck, Cable and Ryder were able to join us!
We left the pool about 10:30 and went home. On the way home I kept telling Cole that my garage door opener hadn't been working so I would just go through the house and open from the inside. The kids didn't pay attention at all to why I was doing that... they could care less they just wanted a snack! I quick ran through the house, grabbed Bailey, put her in a wrapped box, set it on the floor in the garage and opened the door. The kids were confused, I told them I had just found it there when I got back. They ran over to the box, opened it and were in complete shock. I don't think they ever thought they would get a puppy...not in a million years! The looks on their faces were priceless! Tanner kepts saying, "oh my gosh, we got a dog"! I was so happy that we were able to make one of his dreams come true. That boy has ALWAYS wanted a puppy!
After the suprise, all of Cole's family met up at our house to spend the day. We grabbed Subway for lunch and then we had an amazing Mexican feast for dinner. The kids got to open up there presents from Grammy and Beck (money) and Papa Howe (skateboard and scooter) and then their Christmas Eve jammies from Mom and Dad. We watched to movies that afternoon, The Smurfs and Christmas Vacation.
It was the start to a perfect Christmas!







No comments:
Post a Comment