Friday, January 14, 2011

Joys of Parenthood

Reflecting back on yesterday I can't help but laugh....

My morning started off early, very early to say the least. Tanner had an accident aout 3:00 in the morning and I happened to be sleeping with him. I didn't even know that he had done it until he woke me up. At that point he had already changed his clothes and laid down towels on the bed. He was so upset and felt terrible... he hasn't had an accident for a really long time. I kept telling him it was okay and he finally settled down and feel back asleep.

I got up at about 5:45 and was struggling to get going. I decided to take my time and was fine with being a few minutes late to work. Tanner ate breakfast, I got ready and Peyton slept. Around 6:45 I decided to finally wake Peyton up... we had gone to bed too late the night before and I wanted her to sleep as long as she could. She was super tired and cranky when she got up. She decided she HAD to have Cheerios before we left so I let her sit down for a quick bowl of cereal. When she finished I told her she had to go potty before we left.

I sat her on the toilet and squatted in front of her to try and console her. I was just talking to her and telling her she was going to have a great day... that being at school and playing with her friends was so much fun. As I am doing my best to cheer her up, she sneezes, unfortunately for me she was still peeing. In an instant I was completed covered in pee.... but, mission accomplished Peyton was laughing! She kept saying "I am so sorry I peed you mommy".... I couldn't help but laugh.

The story continues though... when she sneezed a big blue bead came out in the snot. Peyton proceeded to tell me that she had shoved the bead up her nose at school. I couldn't believe it... who KNOWS how long it had been up there? I felt so lucky that it came out... I can't even imagine what would have happened had it stayed up there and we didn't know it! What a mess....

Tanner got a pretty good laugh out of everything too... he was just concerned because we were so late. He thought for sure I was going to be in big trouble! Ha... such a rule follower... just like his mom! Needless to say I was very late to work!

1 comment: